THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE OF ALL!
Contrary to popular belief, the war between Darke and Lyte is not a war between "good" and "evil". Both sides share a common goal: to protect the world and its inhabitants. The Guardian created the balance between Lyte and Darke to keep balance in the world as a whole. Darkes are the keepers of chaos, power, destruction, and total freedom. Lytes are the keepers of honor, justice, order, and sacrifice. Neither side represents true good or evil. Darkes and Lytes only have different methods and philosophies, namely the way they deal with humans. Darkes believe that humans corrupt the earth, and they seek to remind humans (through natural disasters, massacres, etc) that they are not immortal, and that they cannot do whatever they please. Darkes are more like extremists, who believe that problems can only be solved through desperate measures such as violence. Lytes, on the other hand, believe that humans will be able to work their own problems out and that they are as much the Guardian's creations as anything else. They stop the Darkes from killing people, and passively use their magics to influence events. That doesn't mean they love humans--a lot of them will actually hate them for what they've done, but are bound by honor to keep the killings of the Darkes at bay.
Between these outlines for each side, each Sibyll is varied and different. The Lytes don't all have to be goody-two-shoes, and the Darkes don't all have to be insane and twisted psychopaths.
Darkes and Lytes are born with an incredible, irreversible hate for one another. They were born to be at war, and generally attack one another on sight. Remember this when roleplaying. Main Rules
1. Obviously, all general roleplaying rules apply here. No excessive swearing, no flaming, no powerplaying or godmoding. Respect admins and owners, and respect the other members as well or you will be banned.
2. NO SMUT SCENES!!! You will be banned without warning if I see porn in the chats >.> You can do that stuff privately through notes or skype, but I don't want explicit art or public scenes.
3. This is a literate roleplay site, so no text lingo and no wimpy posts. Everything should be well-thought-out and your best work.
4. You can only be bonded with ONE other character at a time, and this must be a Sibyll to a pure dragon. The bond is irreversible,
with the exception of one of the pair dying and the other managing to survive Fade Fever. If that happens, you may choose another bond.
5. Breaking the in-game rules for each side doesn't result in a ban, but generally your character will be punished within the game. It can range from house arrest or death depending on the offense.
6. You can't kill someone without their permission unless you're an admin, but if you are outnumbered and basically dying, retreat (unless you're defending). Don't keep fighting or I will give permission for them to kill you. Don't just keep fighting because you want to. Unless you do
want your character to die, just run away if you're in a pinch. Also... don't ignore what other people do to you. Don't dodge everything and destroy everything with magic. Keep it realistic please.
7. Only leaders can heal. The Merchant will sometimes give you a healing stone on a quest, that that allows you to heal faster, but do not heal yourself with magic unless you're a leader.
8. Changing sides is extremely
rare, and only happens when something unspeakably traumatic happens to a Sibyll/dragon. It is a painful experience and can result in death. They are changed fully and in all ways
, so there should be no flitting rapidly from Darke to Lyte and back. Remember that Darkes and Lytes are opposite. They hate
each other. To Change by yourself, you have to do something that goes against your very nature. Temporary (or even permanant but not thorough) turning can be done occasionally in missions.
9. ABOUT SIBYLL AGING! Sibylls are immortal, so they live forever unless they are killed. They grow and age until they hit their limiting point (usually between 14 and 18 years old) and then they stop aging for good, forever looking the same age. Pretty simple, really.
10. If you have a problem with something someone did that was against the rules, send me a message. I don't want to hear, "so and so killed my character". Tell me what happened calmly and give me a copy of the roleplay.
11. Have fun and stay active!! Failure to complete assignments will result in your character being removed from the group.